Monday April 15th – Friday April 19th, 2019 • Utah
Featuring Wild Horses and stunning landscapes
Instructors: Don Toothaker, with Jeff Swinger & Robert Fletcher from Canon USA
Recommended prerequisite: Basic Knowledge of your Camera
All Skill Levels Welcome
Group Size: Limited to 15 attendees
This is a unique photography workshop right out of “The Old West”! Wild Horses have occupied this mountainous region of Utah since the late 1800’s. The herd is approximately 200 – 250 horses and is the largest herd of wild horses in the west. Mares and stallions average around 800 to 1000 pounds. The colors within the herd are brown, bay, paint, sorrel, roan, buckskin, black, palomino, and gray. The variety is endless due to the frequent breeding within the herd. There are many foal, yearlings and colts that roam with the herd. The horses are in good condition and are frequently seen in the vicinity of the Pony Express Trail in the valley floor. On this workshop, we will photograph the wild horses as well as other local scenes and wildlife.
We will maximize our time in the field shooting a multitude of subjects as well as incorporating classroom instruction, critiques, and photographic assignments each day.
• Four (4) days of in-field photography and instruction
• Ground transportation during the 4 days in the field
• Lunch while in the field (Please advise us of any food restrictions or food allergies)
• BLM photo workshop permits
• Experienced workshop leaders
• Two (2) Image Discussion and Review Sessions
What’s not included:
• Air fare or baggage fees to and from Salt Lake City, Utah
• Lodging (A Block of rooms has been set aside at a local hotel)
• Food (with the exception of lunch in the field)
• Any activities outside the tour itinerary
• Travel insurance (which is highly recommended for all travelers)
Skill Sets: All Levels of Photographers are Welcome
Physical Activity: Low
In this workshop we will cover:
Use of Lenses
Shooting in Low Light
Use of Filters (polarizers and ND)
Lodging is not included in the cost of this Adventure. We will be staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Tooele UT (801-250-3600).
To make only a deposit, select the “Deposit Only” box below. All payments are due 30 days prior to the workshop. If the workshop is sold out, you can join our waitlist or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon signing up for this walk, you will receive a confirmation email. This will list more specific instructions regarding this workshop, including a questionnaire we’d like for you to fill out to better get to know you.
Please read our Cancellation Policy before signing up.