- This event has passed.
Holiday Macro & Tabletop Photography Workshop (Melrose)
November 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
November 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Bring your camera with memory cards and an extra battery, as we’ll be doing a lot of shooting.
- A macro lens is essential for this workshop. (If you are looking for a lens to rent, you can rent it from us at rentals.huntsphoto.com!)
- If you don’t have a macro lens, the next best lens would be a longer telephoto, 70-100mm.
- Macro filters or extension tubes can also be used
- For this workshop, we always recommend bringing personal items that are special to you. Props, trinkets, jewelry, flowers, or even small toys are welcome. We will also have a large collection of items, but if you have something of your own, consider bringing it. Just remember- it should be small, so don’t bring anything giant unless you want to photograph it very close-up.
- Make sure to bring your tripod with a quick release plate and a shutter release, if you have one.
- Feel free to bring snacks and water
- Bring an extra camera battery and memory cards.
- As always, bring your enthusiasm and creative thoughts!
Refund Policy – Classes / Walks / Workshops
For classes, walks, & workshops, cancellations and postponement can be made up to 48-hours prior to the scheduled time. Refunds cannot be granted for cancellations placed less than 48-hours before a class or walk, but you can receive a 75% credit toward a future class, walk, or workshop.
For all cancellations, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event. If you register for a class and do not show up, your payment will be forfeited.
Hunt’s Photo Education is proud to present our annual Holiday Macro & Tabletop Workshops. These workshops are designed to help you create, compose, and photograph stellar mini-holiday masterpieces. Photographers that participate in these workshops will also have one of their holiday photographs printed 13×19″ and hung in the Hunt’s Photo Gallery in Melrose for the month of December. (More details below.)
We will begin each workshop with a demo that will discuss camera settings, lighting, composition, subject placement, and more. You will then create and photograph your compositions for the remainder of the time during the workshop, with instructor assistance available. Our ultimate goal in this workshop is at least one “final piece” that can be printed on a large scale.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will work edit and process their images individually and submit 1-2 images to the instructors for review, then print the images as 13×19″. These photographs will be hung in our Hunt’s Photo Gallery in Melrose for the month of December, after which you will be given the print.
But wait… There’s more! In addition to all of this, we will also create a holiday card for you! While this may seem like a very small item, these cards are stunning– as much in importance as the large scale print!
This will be a fun and challenging workshop that will walk you through the full process of creating stellar holiday macro imagery. We will stay with you during the editing process, and even guide you in understanding the best processing for a final print. Join us for one of our favorite workshops of the year!