Online: Multi-Session Series- The Basics and the Business of Wedding Photography
March 30 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
March 30 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thursdays March 30th & April 6th, 7pm EST
Hunt’s Photo Education proudly presents The Basics and the Business of Wedding Photography. In this two part online class, Hunt’s Photo Educator and local wedding photographer Rebecca Wade will discuss everything from the proper equipment and technical skills to navigate a wedding day successfully.
In the first session, Rebecca will give an overview of the wedding industry, the technical skills and gear needed to photograph a wedding, pre-wedding planning and communication with clients, and wedding day photography. In the second session, Rebecca will discuss the business end of wedding photography, including marketing and advertising strategies, pricing and packages for clients, and legal considerations. (Please note the verbiage “legal considerations“: Rebecca is photographer and NOT a lawyer.)
Whether you are interested in photographing ONE wedding or starting it as a business, there is plenty of information to learn from in this multi-session class!
Topics we will discuss
• Overview of the wedding photography industry
• Characteristics of successful wedding photographers
• Camera settings for different lighting situations
• Shooting techniques for outdoor and indoor weddings
• Composition and framing techniques for wedding photography
• Essential camera gear and accessories
• Recommendations for back-up equipment
• Overview of lighting equipment for wedding photography
• Importance of consultation and communication with clients
• Tips for creating a timeline for wedding photography
• Planning for contingencies and unexpected events
• Tips for capturing candid moments
• Techniques for shooting group photos and portraits
• Best practices for editing and processing wedding photos
• Marketing and advertising strategies for wedding photographers
• Pricing and packages for wedding photography services
• Legal considerations for wedding photographers (e.g. contracts, copyright, etc.)
• Gallery Delivery Methods
Registering and what is needed
After you register for this class, you will receive a confirmation email that will include information about how to access the online class, including an online ID code that you will need to get into the class. Make sure to save this information. We will also send a reminder email about 24 hours prior to the class time with that same information.
Layout of the class
The class will begin promptly at the time listed. The majority of the class–90 minutes to 2 hours– will be a presentation on the topic, followed by a short Q&A. During the class, you are welcome to type in questions in the Chat box if you have specific questions as they are asked. We will do our best to answer those questions, but if not, feel free to ask them at the end.
“You Are Being Recorded” (And Other Note Related Items)
We will be recording this class! The video will be available for download about 24-hours after the class for all attendees, so don’t worry about taking unending notes. We will send this link attendees to download and rewatch at any time. In addition to this, we will generally send out a PDF of the presentation (when applicable) and handouts on the topic. If handouts and PDFs are included, we will send it out with the link for the video.
Can’t attend the class?
If you can’t attend the class but still want to download the video, no problem: Just sign up for the class! You don’t need to attend and we will send the video link the next day!
Want to get this class after it’s been run?– We have an online store where you can purchase all our previously run classes here: https://edu.huntsphoto.com/buy-previous-courses/
No online classes should be shared and cannot be shared in a public environment, including with camera clubs
The online content is the copyright of Hunt’s Photo Education and/or the Instructor. Please support our education team and instructors by not sharing this material! We appreciate your support, and it’s thanks to that support that we are able to continue producing content!