Special Guest Series- An Introduction to Astrophotography with Jack Fusco
Join professional photographer and SIGMA Ambassador Jack Fusco as he brings us into the world of astrophotography! The goal of this class is for you to leave with the knowledge and ability to shoot the stars on your own! In this session, Jack will be guiding you through the basics of astrophotography all the way up to some advanced techniques. Jack will also review some basic astronomy information that will help you plan and capture images of the stars.
What You Will Learn in this Lecture
• Gear – Everything you need before heading into the field
• Planning & Scouting – Before we take a great image, we need to know when and where to take it.
• Camera Settings & Techniques – Learn how to best take advantage of your equipment and dial in your approach.
• Composition Tips – What makes a great astro photo?
• Shooting Styles – From single exposures to image stacking there are an endless variety of approaches when heading out under the stars. We will cover some of the most effective methods for capturing a great photo.
• Open Q & A + Discussion
This class is also a lead-in to our Astrophotography Workshop Weekend with SIGMA and Jack Fusco. Please note that if you sign up for the workshop, you do not need to separately register for this class, as it is included.
About Jack Fusco
Jack Fusco is a professional landscape astrophotographer / timelapser. What began as a way purely to document his travels as a touring musician, photography has become his main form of creative expression.
On his often-sleepless journey, he strives to share the wonder of the night sky with as many people as possible. Whether chasing the Milky Way along coast lines or capturing the Northern lights in unforgiving remote locations you’re sure to find him coffee in hand, smiling up at the stars.
Many of Jack’s images are often planned days, weeks, or even months in advance while waiting for weather and celestial objects to align. The resulting work shows a true and complete dedication to his craft.
His work has been featured by National Geographic, TEDx, LA Times, NASA APOD, BBC, Forbes and many more.